Sunday, October 21, 2007

Money & Time

I started a garden journal when I started in creating garden beds in the yard back in 2000. I quickly fell behind and then stopped with the journal, sad to say. (We'll see how long the blog lasts. Though I'm thinking that this could be sustainable as a weekend gardener. Given the day job, it's unlikely I'll get any time during the week to get dirt on my hands enough to fill daily posts.)

Back to the journal, one thing that I was tracking there was what I spent. Gardening is not a cheap hobby. True, one can cut costs and be a frugal gardener; however, if you have soil as poor as ours and dramatic weather, be prepared to spend. Perhaps it's for the best that I stopped keeping my journal. I'm not sure I really do want to know what I've spent over the past 7 years on plants, soil, mulch, and containers!

No comments: